Monday, October 08, 2007

Where we ring in another 'ear

"Sex... sex...," said the guard at the airport entrance as I was rolling my trolley in.

My blood ran cold. I could scarcely believe that I was being solicited by a security personnel and that too with so many travellers and airport officials milling around. He had an almost bored expression on his face, and didn't flinch when I looked him straight in the eye. Was this what our much touted 'new' airports were all about, I thought indignantly.

I drew myself to my full height, almost standing on tiptoe, preparing to deliver a scathing rebuke on his unseemly behaviour.

He looked uneasy at my steady gaze and said, almost in a puzzled tone, "Sex 751?"

Was this some code, I wondered? Worse, was he bargaining? My mind ran amok with possibilities. The lascivious brute then started pointing to my hand, and I involuntarily looked down, and spotted my ticket and passport. A familiar number on the ticket caught my eye, and I stared at it for another second before the fog lifted.

I was on Flight CX 751.


P.S. Blame the incessant sniffling for affecting my hearing.

P.P.S. Absolute Lee is now FOUR 'EARS OLD. Thanks all of you for being around.

6 comments:

Patrix said...

Four 'ears old, eh? That's cool...now you qualify for a lifetime achievement award :) Too bad others have fallen by the wayside while we carry the torch. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you to turn sex...ears or no ears :D!

Moonie said...

he he he he :) :D Hillarious, I can imagine that marathi maanus (likely) wondering about your cold stare !

yes, mubarak ho @ 4yrs of blogging! Inshallah we will see many more years to come.

Chugs said...

u can be termed a veteran now. congrats!

JugHead said...

damn! you dirty mind!

Leela A said...

Patrix: Thanks. Sometimes when I go back and read the old posts, it feels like another lifetime... :)

e: LOL! Yeah...

Moonie: Inshallah, yes :) Thanks.

Chugs: Oh, the good old days... :-)

Tintin: Hmm... you said the d-word.